Awesome Zopf Plait Swiss Bread.
It is a type of Swiss, Austrian, or Bavarian bread made from white flour, milk, eggs, butter, and yeast. The dough is brushed with egg yolk before baking, lending it its golden crust. It is baked in the form of a plait and traditionally eaten on Sunday morningsPrint
Zopf Plait Swiss Bread
Experience the delightful taste of our Zopf Plait Swiss Bread! A perfect blend of tradition and flavor, this bread is handcrafted with love. Get ready to indulge in its soft, fluffy texture and a taste that will transport you straight to Switzerland. Don’t miss out!
- Add the milk to melted butter.
- Mix sugar and yeast with 100ml of milk and butter mixture (leave for 5 minutes).
- Add salt to sifted flour.
- First, add the yeast mixture to flour and salt, add the rest of milk and butter mixture.
- Use Kenwood and knead it for 10min.
- Put the dough under glad wrap and let it rest for 1½ hour.
- Divide it into two pieces.
- Roll each piece in a 70cm long sausage shape.
- Plait the Zopf and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Brush with egg yolk (mixed with a little milk).
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit) for 35 minutes.
An interesting fact about Zopf Plait Swiss Bread:
The Swiss have long been known for their egg- and dairy-rich bread, as well as their intricately shaped loaves. Zopf, usually formed into a simple three-strand braid, is a basic example of this Swiss art. A staple on weekends, and traditionally offered at New Year.
Prepared, tried, and tested Davida De Bruyn
We, unfortunately, do not have another type of bread from Switzerland, but we do have the Vanilla Apricot Jam Swiss Roll which you can try and I can assure you, it’s super delicious
Thanks for dropping in, we hope you love this recipe!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be looking for your amazing recreations, and I can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
Copyright © 2024 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.