Asian Rice Soup with Chicken, Mushroom, and Shrimp
This Asian Rice Soup with Chicken, Mushroom, and Shrimp is a perfect minimalist lockdown soup that’s so nourishing and delicious. Let’s check out this slurpy delight!
We invite you to come and join our two FB Recipe Groups:
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 100 gm chicken with bones
- 100 gm shrimp
- 1 onion chopped
- 100 gm mushrooms chopped roughly
- 1tsp mixed herbs of your choice
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4-5 kale leaves
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Wash and microwave covered, chicken in 2 cups of water for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
- Reserve the strained liquid.
- Shred and keep the chicken aside. Discard the bones
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp of oil and saute finely chopped onions for a minute or until they turn pink. Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for another minute.
- Now throw in the shrimp and mushrooms. Saute until cooked.
- Add the shredded chicken and the strained liquid. Tear kale leaves and stir them in along with the mixed spices and soy sauce.
- The soup should now be 4 cups in quantity. Pour into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10 mins, stirring once in between.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with 2 tbsp of rice and shredded kale. Serve hot.
Prepared, tried, and tested Talat Islam
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare