As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A delicious meal on its own or with a salad – nothing more is needed when you serve this Bacon and Boerewors Breakfast Pie
- 6 large eggs
- Fried boerewors pieces (sausage)
- Fried bacon pieces
- 10 mushrooms chopped
- Green pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbs garlic
- Store-bought Pastry
- 1 cup cheese
- Dry or fresh Thyme & Oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Saute onions in olive oil in a large saucepan until soft and cooked
- Add mushrooms and green pepper to the pan and saute for about 5 mins
- Now add bacon, boerewors & garlic and saute for another 5 to 10 mins.
- Set aside to cool.
- Rolled out pastry on a floured work surface, place the pastry over the baking tray and press into the sides, and cut in a couple of holes with a fork.
- Add boerewors and bacon filling to the pastry
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl add salt & pepper and herbs and add on top of filling
- Finish off with the cheese and more herbs.
- Bake pie in preheated oven for 20 – 30 until pie is set and pastry is nicely golden brown and crisp!!!
- Enjoy it with a nice salad.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Denzel Koenana
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.