A delicious meal on its own or with a salad – nothing more is needed when you serve this Bacon and Boerewors Breakfast Pie
- 6 large eggs
- Fried boerewors pieces (sausage)
- Fried bacon pieces
- 10 mushrooms chopped
- Green pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbs garlic
- Store-bought Pastry
- 1 cup cheese
- Dry or fresh Thyme & Oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Saute onions in olive oil in a large saucepan until soft and cooked
- Add mushrooms and green pepper to the pan and saute for about 5 mins
- Now add bacon, boerewors & garlic and saute for another 5 to 10 mins.
- Set aside to cool.
- Rolled out pastry on a floured work surface, place the pastry over the baking tray and press into the sides, and cut in a couple of holes with a fork.
- Add boerewors and bacon filling to the pastry
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl add salt & pepper and herbs and add on top of filling
- Finish off with the cheese and more herbs.
- Bake pie in preheated oven for 20 – 30 until pie is set and pastry is nicely golden brown and crisp!!!
- Enjoy it with a nice salad.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Denzel Koenana
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!