How to Make the Best Fluffy Easy Blueberry Pancakes
A pancake (or hot-cake, griddlecake, or flapjack) is a flat cake, often thin and round, prepared from a starch-based batter that may contain eggs, milk, and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan, often frying with oil or butter. It is a type of batter bread. Archaeological evidence suggests that pancakes were probably the earliest and most widespread cereal food eaten in prehistoric societies.
Easy Blueberry Pancakes
We can thank Elizabeth White for blueberry pancakes and muffins. The blueberry, as we know it, was pioneered in 1911 by an innovator and farmer in New Jersey.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 mintues
- Yield: 8 depending on size 1x
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Sugar/ Sugar Alternative
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1 cup milk (to start with then add more if the batter is too thick)
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Pour it into the dry ingredients and mix just until a batter is formed.
- Add the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into a nonstick pan and cook till bubbles appear on the surface.
- Then flip over and cook for a minute.
- Serve warm with syrup and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 29
- Sodium: 596
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 64
Blueberries are a widely distributed and widespread group of perennial flowering plants with blue or purple berries. They are classified in the section Cyanococcus within the genus Vaccinium. Vaccinium also includes cranberries, bilberries, huckleberries, and Madeira blueberries.
What are the top 5 health benefits of blueberries?
- May be protective. Blueberries contain one of the highest antioxidant levels among commonly consumed fruits and vegetables.
- May help prevent heart disease.
- May help regulate blood sugar.
- May help maintain eye health.
- May alleviate gastrointestinal issues and UTIs.
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!