As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bake Up Something Special for your family and friend and try out this Gluten-Free Blackberry Cake or Muffins!
Gluten-Free Blackberry Cake or Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Method: Easy
- Diet: Gluten Free
Treat yourself to some delicious Gluten-Free Blackberry Cake or Muffins today! With the perfect balance of sweet and tart, these treats are sure to put a smile on your face. Enjoy a slice or muffin with a cup of coffee or tea for a delightful mid-day snack. Why wait, get baking and enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten-Free all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 1 cup caramel brown sugar
- 1 stick, 112 g warm melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C**
- Prepare a mini bundt pan (6) and 3 mini bread pans with Gluten-Free Vegan Cake Pan Release Mixture
- **I used a cast iron mini bundt pan. When baking in any cast iron pan, make sure to decrease the oven temperature by ±20°, depending on your own oven. I baked these at 380°F/ 190°C. **
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients and sugar in a second bowl.
- Add dry and wet ingredients together, blend well, and then add berries, but DO NOT over-mix.
- Scoop batter into prepared pans and bake at 400°F (200°C) (regular pans) or 380°F** (cast iron pans) until well browned, and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- **I baked these at 380°F for 15 minutes in a cast iron pan, then turned off the oven and left the pan in the cooling oven for an extra 5 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool down properly, before removing it from the pan.
- When using the Gluten Free Vegan Cake Pan Release Mixture you will have no problem at all, as the cake will gently slide out of the pan with no crumbs remaining or sticking to your pan.
- Serve as is or with cream.
I took inspiration from this Blackberry Muffins recipe courtesy of Simply Recipes
- You will notice that I adapted the original recipe as I bake Gluten-Free and also used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
- When comparing the original recipe with my adapted version you will also find that I modified the quantities used for certain ingredients due to the fact that I bake with GF flour.
- Even with all these modifications, I have to admit, this turned out to be the BEST EVER adapted recipe I have made to date and is a keeper.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (blogger and owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 18.1 g
- Sodium: 231.2 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.6 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 54.3 mg
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Blackberry, Cake, Muffins
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
10 thoughts on “Gluten-Free Blackberry Cake or Muffins”
Oh yummmmmmm. Oh yes I did bookmark this! 🙂 x
I am flattered, I am adapting recipes for GF as I go along and must admit this one turned out the best so far. Seems like practice does make ‘perfect’, sort of.
Wonderful. Keep them coming Esme. 🙂 x
Thanks dear, trial and error and need to use GF
It’s so wonderful that there is such variety now for GF 🙂
I just love it, still very much exploring but love it and feeling better with GF
Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.
Good evening Ms. Esme.