The recipe for these savory Japanese cabbage pancakes, or Basic Okonomiyaki, is a wonderful gluten-free, wheat-free breakfast option.Print
Japanese Cabbage Pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 2 cups cabbage finely sliced (if you prefer you can also grate the cabbage)
- 1 spring onion
- 2 eggs
- Seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, and some garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- Combine all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add the oil.
- Add the pancake mixture and shape into a compact circle.
- Cook on low heat till the bottom is browned.
- Gently flip the pancake and cook on the other side as well.
- Slice into wedges, serve warm with different sauce options.
- You can use BBQ sauce or a Spicy Salsa with it.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 183
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 124
Keywords: Wheat-free; Gluten-free
What are Japanese cabbage pancakes?
Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients in a wheat-flour-based batter; it is an example of konamon. The name is derived from the word okonomi, meaning “how you like” or “what you like”, and yaki meaning “cooked”.
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!