Prawn Rissoles are delicious for starters or for that matter to eat at any time you feel like one.
A rissole is a small patty enclosed in pastry or rolled in breadcrumbs, usually baked or deep-fried. The filling has savory ingredients, most often minced meat, fish, or cheese, and is served as an entrée, main course, or side dish.
Traditional rissoles are patties of minced meat or fish wrapped up in a savory pastry and deep-fried. This version of the rissole comes from France, the nation which also gave this food its name: “rissole” comes from the Latin russeola, “reddish paste,” a reference to the appearance of the filling
Prawn Rissoles are delicious for starters or if you wish, enjoy them whenever you feel like it, as they’re so delicious.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Bake Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 depending on size 1x
- Cuisine: Portuguese
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Salt & Pepper
- 250g Prawns (shelled & deveined)
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Onion (finely diced)
- 2–3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Chopped Spring Onion
- Heat the water, milk, butter, salt, and pepper together in a saucepan.
- Add in the flour.
- Mix till it forms a ball of dough that detached from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Cook the onion and garlic in butter till soft.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Pour in the milk, whisking continuously to prevent lumps.
- Add in the seasoning and chopped prawns.
- Turn the heat off.
- Once cooled, garnish with chopped spring onions and spoon onto
- Cut into the desired shape and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Dip into beaten egg, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry on medium heat till golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 327
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 51
Keywords: Prawn Rissoles
More Prawn recipes on the blog to try out
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!