As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Prawn Rissoles are delicious for starters or for that matter to eat at any time you feel like one.
A rissole is a small patty enclosed in pastry, or rolled in breadcrumbs, usually baked or deep-fried. The filling has savory ingredients, most often minced meat, fish, or cheese, and is served as an entrée, main course, or side dish.
Traditional rissoles are patties of minced meat or fish wrapped up in a savory pastry and deep-fried. This version of the rissole comes from France, the nation which also gave this food its name: “rissole” comes from the Latin russeola, “reddish paste,” a reference to the appearance of the filling
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Bake Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 depending on size 1x
- Cuisine: Portuguese
Prawn Rissoles are delicious for starters or if you wish, enjoy them whenever you feel like it, as they’re so delicious.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Salt & Pepper
- 250g Prawns (shelled & deveined)
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Onion (finely diced)
- 2–3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Chopped Spring Onion
- Heat the water, milk, butter, salt, and pepper together in a saucepan.
- Add in the flour.
- Mix till it forms a ball of dough that detached from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Cook the onion and garlic in butter till soft.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Pour in the milk, whisking continuously to prevent lumps.
- Add in the seasoning and chopped prawns.
- Turn the heat off.
- Once cooled, garnish with chopped spring onions and spoon onto
- Cut into the desired shape and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Dip into beaten egg, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry on medium heat till golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 327
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 51
Keywords: Prawn Rissoles
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
More Prawn recipes on the blog to try out
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
6 thoughts on “Super Easy Prawn Rissoles Savory Pastry”
Lovely recipe, an perfect for Mother’s Day!
Melynda, Totally agree that this will be an awesome Mother’s Day meal! Hope you will get spoiled and someone make it for you.
These would be so food for lunch too! What a great recipe.
Totally agree, perfect lunch to feed a crowd
These sound amazing!
Susan, hope you enjoy these and do give them a try.