This Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip is heavenly, super delicious to enjoy on crackers, toast, bagels, or baguettes. I will even use it as a spread.
- 375 ml raw cashews (1½ cups)
- 500 ml unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton, not canned) (2 cups)
- 30 ml fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon) (2 tbsp.)
- ± 22.5 ml raw apple cider vinegar (1½ tbsp.)
- 60 ml nutritional yeast (4 tbsp.)
- 5 ml paprika (1 tsp)
- 5 ml garlic powder (1 tsp)
- 5 ml onion powder (1 tsp)
- 0.5 ml or a large pinch of nutmeg
- 2.5 ml salt (add more to taste) (½ tsp)
- 1.25 ml black pepper (add more to taste) (¼ tsp)
- 45 ml low-sodium vegetable broth (3 tbsp.)
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves minced
- 800 g cans artichoke hearts (in water) rinsed, drained, and roughly chopped (2 x 14 oz.)
- 550g bags frozen spinach (2 x 10 oz.)
- Boil the raw cashews in water and ensure to cover the nuts with enough water as you wish to have it covered with approximately 2.5 cm above the nuts, and then cook it for 10 minutes.
- Once done, you can strain it and toss out the water as you will not use it again.
- Place the cashews, milk, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper into a high-powered blender and blend this mixture until the sauce is smooth and velvety and it coats the back of a spoon and set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a large pan, sauté the onions in the broth until they are soft and transparent.
- Add the artichokes and garlic and continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Should it get too dry, feel free to add a little more broth to the pan.
- Now take the cream sauce which you set aside previously and add this to the pan and stir well and all fully blended and combined.
- At this point, you will add and stir through the still frozen spinach and continue to whisk the entire mixture until you have a nice consistency and smooth dip.
- Proceed and cook it for another 10-15 minutes or until your Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip is steaming hot and starts to bubble.
- Be mindful that the dip will continue to thicken as it cooks, so if you feel it's too dry, all you need to do would be to add a little more coconut milk to obtain a super creamy and saucy dip.
Prepared, tried, and tested Sarien Slabbert, Daughter-in-law to Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes - Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 0mgSodium 220mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 8gSugar 3gProtein 10g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
More Vegan Recipes
- Check out this Vegan Carrot Smoked Lox as we made this as part of our Vegan family celebrations. It’s absolutely awesome and our meat-loving SIL did not believe it to be vegan as he thought it to be real Salmon, it’s so good.
- Daiya Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Vegan Celery Nut Salad
- Cauliflower Green Beans with Tahini and Almond Vegetables
Come and join us on Facebook at our two Recipe Groups and check out our Online Store
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.