Vegetarian Spring Rolls with Asian Chile Dipping Sauce. Make them as healthy and awesome as you like, with only the best fresh ingredients.
Spring rolls are a large variety of filled, rolled appetizers or dim sum found in East Asian, Southeast Asian cuisine. The kind of wrapper, fillings, and cooking technique used, as well as the name, vary considerably within this large area, depending on the region’s culture.
Vegetable Spring Rolls
- 1 Cup Cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1 Cup Red Cabbage (finely chopped)
- ½ Cup Carrots (grated)
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 3-4 Zucchini (grated)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1/3 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Store-bought wrappers
- 3 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp. Chili Sauce/Sambal
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Heat the oil in a wok/ large pan.
- Sauté the vegetable until slightly softened.
- Add in the soy sauce and sesame oil and cook for about 2 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, fill into the spring roll wrappers.
- Fry till golden and serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!!
- Mix all the ingredients in a separate bowl and keep them aside for when you enjoy the spring rolls.
- Dip each individual as you enjoy them.
Prepared, tried, and tested Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes - Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare.
Amount Per Serving Calories 47Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 335mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 1g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
What does a spring roll have in it?
A garden spring roll, for example, will be filled with a variety of fresh veggies like carrots, bamboo shoots, bell pepper, and cabbage. And more savory spring rolls tend to be filled with meat in addition to vegetables—typically pork, chicken, and/or shrimp.
Are spring rolls healthy?
Spring rolls are great because they can easily be made paleo, too. Just wrap them up in lettuce leaves or collard greens instead of rice paper. Although I love egg rolls, choosing spring rolls instead can cut out more than half the amount of calories and fat from your meal.
More Spring Rolls on the blog!
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.