As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A homemade version of the ever-so-popular Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich Bánh Mì. A grilled chicken breast, pickled radishes & carrots, and fresh vegetables line the baguette to create this divine-tasting sandwich.
Bánh mì (Bánh mì Việt Nam)
In Vietnamese cuisine, bánh mì or banh mi is a short baguette with a thin, crisp crust and soft, airy texture. It is often split lengthwise and filled with savory ingredients like a submarine sandwich and served as a meal, called bánh mì thịt. Plain banh mi is also eaten as a staple food.
A very popular Vietnamese sandwich that combines spicy, sour, crunchy, and succulent chicken all together in one delicious Baguette. Make this sandwich as it is suitable to take to work and you can pack it up, it’s portable and will be still awesome at work. You will love the fresh, bold flavors of this Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich Bánh Mì.
You can also fill it with Pork instead of Chicken, have a look at Bánh Mì Recipe – Vietnamese Sandwiches w/ Pork Belly
More Sandwich recipes to try out
- Best Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- Easy Chicken Shawarma Sandwiches with Double Cream
- The Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich Bánh Mì
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Everyday Cooking
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Diet: DiabeticDiet
A grilled chicken breast, pickled radish & carrots, and fresh vegetables line the baguette to create this divine-tasting sandwich in a Baguette.
Chicken Bánh Mì
- 4–6 Chicken Breast/Thighs (boneless & skinless)
- 3 Tablespoons Oil (neutral)
- 4–5 Cloves Garlic (grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger (grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce or 2 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Filling for Baguette
- Pickled Carrots & Radish/Daikon
- Mayo mixed with hot sauce
- In a bowl stir together all the ingredients to create a marinade.
- Add the chicken into the marinade and mix well.
- Cover and set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Cook on a grill until slightly charred and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Slice the chicken and assemble the sandwich.
Prepared, tried, and tested Rochelle from SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 527
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 1452
- Fat: 24
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 19
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 66
- Cholesterol: 196
Keywords: Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich Bánh Mì
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
2 thoughts on “Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich Bánh Mì”
No pickeled stuff for me but I will have the rest of this glorious looking Sandwich Esme.
Go ahead and enjoy the sandwich without the pickle, as I do not want you to be in a pickle.