Try this Simple Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken and let us know what you think. I am sure you will love it.
Soy sauce chicken
Soy sauce chicken is a traditional Cantonese cuisine dish made of chicken cooked with soy sauce. It is considered a siu mei dish in Hong Kong. Another Cantonese dish, white cut chicken, often served with soy sauce dip, is more savored for the taste of the meat, where the freshness of the chicken is noticeable.
Looking for a new Chinese recipe for chicken? Try this Simple Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken and let us know what you think. I am sure you will love it!
- Rub the dark soy sauce over the chicken to coat.
- Sprinkle 5 spices and ginger powder inside the chicken.
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic, and ginger in a large stockpot; stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil.
- Place chicken in the pot skin side down and boil, turn chicken in pot every 5 minutes.
- Boil chicken until no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave the chicken in the pot covered for another 30 minutes turning every 10 minutes.
- The sauce mixture will turn into a rich, brown glaze. Remove pot from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place chicken on a platter and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Prepared, tried, and tested MelanieKramar from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1367
- Sugar: 51
- Sodium: 4313
- Fat: 67
- Saturated Fat: 19
- Unsaturated Fat: 42
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 58
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 126
- Cholesterol: 380
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Soy sauce is a liquid condiment of Chinese origin, traditionally made from a fermented paste of soybeans, roasted grain, brine, and Aspergillus oryzae or Aspergillus sojae molds. It is considered to contain a strong umami flavor.