A delicious cake base, you have to try this White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Tart, with oh so deliciously rich and creamy topping speckled with Cranberry compote.
What is Veganism
Veganism is the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in diet, and an associated philosophy that rejects the commodity status of animals. An individual who follows the diet or philosophy is known as a vegan. Distinctions may be made between several categories of veganism.
- 125 ml (½ cup) soy milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp) apple cider vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) flour
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) baking powder
- 1.25 ml (¼ tsp) baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 62.5 ml + 25 ml (¼ cup + 2 tbsp.) sugar
- 37.5 ml (3 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 0.5 ml (½ tsp) vanilla
- 750 ml (3 cups) frozen cranberries
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) orange zest
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) orange juice
White Chocolate Mousse
- 170 g (6 oz.) cocoa butter, roughly chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) canned coconut cream
- 62.5 ml (¼ cup) coconut milk powder or soymilk powder
- 62.5 ml (¼ cup) agave nectar
- 759 ml (3 more cups) coconut cream, completely chilled until solid
- 62.5 ml (¼ cup) confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine soy milk and vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
Make a cake layer right in the 10"x8" casserole you'll serve it in.
- Simply combine the dry ingredients in the casserole.
- Then add the sugar, oil, and vanilla to the milk and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
- Spread it evenly, and then bake for about 16 minutes until lightly browned.
- Chill the cake.
The compote is very simple to make.
- Just combine all the Cranberry Compote ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until it's broken down, thickened, and reduced to about half the volume.
- Set aside in the fridge to cool completely.
For the mousse
- Start by melting the cocoa butter over a double boiler.
- Whisk in the 1 cup of room temperature coconut cream, the milk powder, and the agave nectar.
- Remove from heat, whisk until smooth, and then put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. This part is very specific!
- The mixture should be completely cooled, the outside rim should have the consistency of soft butter, and the middle should look like a thick caramel.
- Once it has properly cooled, start whipping the solid, cold coconut cream in a stand mixer.
- Once it's fluffy, add the icing sugar and whip it together at high speed to get it fluffy.
- Then add the white chocolate mixture and whip on medium-high until it's all smooth and fluffy together.
- If needed, you can store the mousse in the fridge while the other 2 parts cool - this dessert should only be assembled once everything is completely cooled.
- But don't let the mousse sit in the fridge more than an hour before assembling.
- Simply scoop dollops of mousse onto the cake layer, interspersed with spoonsful of the cranberry compote.
- Swirl it all together, and then chill in the fridge to set.
- This is best done at least 12 hours before serving.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Corlea Smit from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes- Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe,
please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Source: hot for a food blog
Amount Per Serving Calories 18884Total Fat 1244gSaturated Fat 780gTrans Fat 40gUnsaturated Fat 385gCholesterol 3441mgSodium 5905mgCarbohydrates 1819gFiber 300gSugar 1170gProtein 264g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
More recipes from our Family get-together you can try out
- Vegan Carrot Smoked Lox
- Vegan Chickpea Meatless Meatloaf
- Vegan Cauliflower Green Bean Tahini Almond Vegetables
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.