You have to try this Vegan Chickpea Meatless Meatloaf, it’s super delicious with added liquid smoke, and topped with awesome BBQ sauce.
Veganism is the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in diet, and an associated philosophy that rejects the commodity status of animals. An individual who follows the diet or philosophy is known as a vegan. Distinctions may be made between several categories of veganism.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained but reserve the liquid
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 onion, diced
- Olive oil to cook the onion
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9" loaf pan with parchment.
- Sauté the onion lightly in oil over medium heat.
- Add Italian seasoning and salt & pepper and cook until translucent but not browned.
- Mix in the vegetable broth, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup, then set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the drained chickpeas until smooth.
- Put it into a large bowl.
- Then do the same with one of the cans of black beans and add to the chickpeas.
- Then pulse the last can of black beans until coarsely chopped and add to the other beans.
- Process the oats until it looks like coarse flour, and add to the beans.
- Then add the cornmeal, liquid smoke about a half cup of chickpea liquid, and onion mixture to the bowl of beans and mix it all together.
- You may need to adjust with more water if it's too dry.
- I think this is where I underestimated how much liquid was needed because mine came out a bit dry. Mine held together but wasn't wet.
- So, I suggest adding liquid until it's more like a paste than a dough.
- Then simply put it into the loaf tin, top with the BBQ sauce, and bake for about 1hr 20min, or until a tester comes out clean.
and tested by Corlea Smit from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SATasty Recipes- Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe,
please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention
@_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 268Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 914mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 10gSugar 13gProtein 10g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
This is most definitely a delicious and scrumptious Vegan Chickpea Meatless Meatloaf and made from black beans, chickpeas, and a cup of BBQ sauce to cover the loaf. This dish is so satisfying. We served it to our meat lovers and they also loved it!
This served as one of our vegan mains for our recent family gathering. We do have meat-lovers and vegans in the family so we typically only prepare vegan meals when visiting together and it’s so much fun to see what new dishes we can prepare and enjoy by all.
More lovely Vegan dishes from the same family get-together
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Carrot Smoked Lox
- Vegan Cauliflower Green Bean Tahini Almond Vegetables
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from Canada, the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.