You have to try this Vegan Chickpea Meatless Meatloaf, it’s super delicious with added liquid smoke, and topped with awesome BBQ sauce.
Veganism is the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in diet, and an associated philosophy that rejects the commodity status of animals. An individual who follows the diet or philosophy is known as a vegan. Distinctions may be made between several categories of veganism.
Meatless Meatloaf Vegan, the best you will find and even our meat-lovers enjoyed it.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained but reserve the liquid
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 onion, diced
- Olive oil to cook the onion
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9″ loaf pan with parchment.
- Sauté the onion lightly in oil over medium heat.
- Add Italian seasoning and salt & pepper and cook until translucent but not browned.
- Mix in the vegetable broth, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup, then set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the drained chickpeas until smooth.
- Put it into a large bowl.
- Then do the same with one of the cans of black beans and add to the chickpeas.
- Then pulse the last can of black beans until coarsely chopped and add to the other beans.
- Process the oats until it looks like coarse flour, and add to the beans.
- Then add the cornmeal, liquid smoke about a half cup of chickpea liquid, and onion mixture to the bowl of beans and mix it all together.
- You may need to adjust with more water if it’s too dry.
- I think this is where I underestimated how much liquid was needed because mine came out a bit dry. Mine held together but wasn’t wet.
- So, I suggest adding liquid until it’s more like a paste than a dough.
- Then simply put it into the loaf tin, top with the BBQ sauce, and bake for about 1hr 20min, or until a tester comes out clean.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Corlea Smit from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SATasty Recipes- Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 914
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 51
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Vegan Chickpea Meatless Meatloaf
This is most definitely a delicious and scrumptious Vegan Chickpea Meatless Meatloaf made from black beans, chickpeas, and a cup of BBQ sauce to cover the loaf. This dish is so satisfying. We served it to our meat lovers and they also loved it!
This served as one of our vegan mains for our recent family gathering. We do have meat lovers and vegans in the family so we typically only prepare vegan meals when visiting together and it’s so much fun to see what new dishes we can prepare and enjoy all.
More lovely Vegan dishes from the same family get-together
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Carrot Smoked Lox
- Vegan Cauliflower Green Bean Tahini Almond Vegetables
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.