A delicious cake base, you have to try this White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Tart, with oh-so-deliciously rich and creamy topping speckled with Cranberry compote.
What is Veganism
Veganism is the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in diet, and is an associated philosophy that rejects the commodity status of animals. An individual who follows the diet or philosophy is known as a vegan. Distinctions may be made between several categories of veganism.
Vegan White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Tart
A beautiful and easy vanilla cake as the bottom layer, topped with white chocolate mousse, and loverly tart cranberry compote swirled through the mouse will have your guests begging for more!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chilling Time: 12 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 12 hours 50 minutes
- Yield: One 10“x8” pie plate, enough for 10 servings 1x
- Category: Vegan Recipes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) soy milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp) apple cider vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) flour
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) baking powder
- 1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 62.5 ml + 25 ml (1/4 cup + 2 tbsp.) sugar
- 37.5 ml (3 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 0.5 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla
- 750 ml (3 cups) frozen cranberries
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) orange zest
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) orange juice
White Chocolate Mousse
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine soy milk and vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
Make a cake layer right in the 10″x8″ casserole you’ll serve it in.
- Simply combine the dry ingredients in the casserole.
- Then add the sugar, oil, and vanilla to the milk and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
- Spread it evenly, and then bake for about 16 minutes until lightly browned.
- Chill the cake.
The compote is very simple to make.
- Just combine all the Cranberry Compote ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until it’s broken down, thickened, and reduced to about half the volume.
- Set aside in the fridge to cool completely.
For the mousse
- Start by melting the cocoa butter over a double boiler.
- Whisk in the 1 cup of room temperature coconut cream, the milk powder, and the agave nectar.
- Remove from heat, whisk until smooth, and then put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. This part is very specific!
- The mixture should be completely cooled, the outside rim should have the consistency of soft butter, and the middle should look like a thick caramel.
- Once it has properly cooled, start whipping the solid, cold coconut cream in a stand mixer.
- Once it’s fluffy, add the icing sugar and whip it together at high speed to get it fluffy.
- Then add the white chocolate mixture and whip on medium-high until it’s all smooth and fluffy together.
- If needed, you can store the mousse in the fridge while the other 2 parts cool – this dessert should only be assembled once everything is completely cooled.
- But don’t let the mousse sit in the fridge more than an hour before assembling.
- Simply scoop dollops of mousse onto the cake layer, interspersed with spoonsful of the cranberry compote.
- Swirl it all together, and then chill in the fridge to set.
- This is best done at least 12 hours before serving.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Corlea Smit from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes- Saffas Daily Recipes
Original source: hot for a food blog
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 18884
- Sugar: 1170
- Sodium: 5905
- Fat: 1244
- Saturated Fat: 780
- Unsaturated Fat: 385
- Trans Fat: 40
- Carbohydrates: 1819
- Fiber: 300
- Protein: 264
- Cholesterol: 3441
Keywords: Vegan White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse Tart
More recipes from our Family get-together you can try out
- Vegan Carrot Smoked Lox
- Vegan Chickpea Meatless Meatloaf
- Vegan Cauliflower Green Bean Tahini Almond Vegetables
We linked this post to Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop 87
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!