Our dinner for tonight is a yummy Creamy Chicken Pie
- 2 pieces of chicken breast are chopped into small cubes bite
- 2 big brown mushrooms chopped into small bites
- 1 carrot chopped into small cubes
- 1 clove of garlic salt and pepper
- 1 stick of celery with leaves chopped
For the mash potatoes topping
- 500g potatoes
- 7 tbsp milk
- 115g/1 stick butter
- Cheddar cheese grated
- For the sauce:
- 40g/3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp whipping cream salt and pepper and 1 bunch scallion (spring onion)
- Heat oil in a saucepan, fry onion garlic until soft add chicken, mushrooms, celery and add 1/4 cup chicken stock season with salt and pepper and bring to boil for about 5 minutes set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the topping, peel potatoes cut into large chunks, and put them in a large saucepan of salted water.
- Cover, bring to a boil, and simmer for 20 minutes until tender.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the pan, add milk and butter to the potatoes, and heat for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and mash together until smooth.
- Stir in cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and divide the chicken mixture between 4 ovenproof ramekins dishes.
- To make the sauce, melt butter in a pan.
- Add the flour, stir until smooth and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring all the time until smooth.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, and cook until thickened.
- Stir in cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each scallion into 4 pieces.
- Add scallions to the sauce and pour over the chicken.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes over the top of the cream and spread over with a fork.
- Put the dishes onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes until golden.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Joy