The combination of pork, bacon, and spices is sure to be flavorful and satisfying as the bacon adds a great flavor to pork and the combination of the two makes for a great dish, so why not try this awesome Armadillo Pork Tenderloin wrapped in Bacon recipe?
Pork tenderloin, also called pork fillet, pork steak, or Gentleman’s Cut, is a long, thin cut of pork.
The Armadillo Pork Tenderloin wrapped in Bacon sounds like a delicious and creative dish. The combination of pork, bacon, and spices is sure to be flavorful and satisfying.
- 1 Tenderloin (your choice)
- 1 Package Bacon
- Spice Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
Herbed Mushroom Gravy
- Brush the whole tenderloin with oil.
- Sprinkle the spice rub all over the meat.
- Lay bacon strips flat on a baking sheet.
- Place meat on the bacon and wrap it tightly around (use toothpicks if you prefer)
- Bake at 180C for about 40 minutes (use an oven thermometer to check internal temp).
- When fully cooked, turn on the grill to crisp up the bacon.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Slice, serve & enjoy!!
- Place in a pot of salted boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove from water and place in a bowl of iced water.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil/butter in a pan, and cook 1 red onion till soft.
- Add in broccoli, seasoning & sauté.
- Skin and cube potatoes.
- Place in a pot of salted water.
- Boil till tender.
- Drain and place back in the pot.
- Heat 1/3 cup Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper, Dried Herbs & Garlic Powder till warm.
- Pour the warm mixture into the potatoes and mix well.
Herbed Mushroom Gravy
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Cook the onion till soft.
- Add in mushrooms, garlic, seasonings, pan drippings, and stock (½ cup at a time)
- Cook on low for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in slurry and allow to cook to your desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and add in the herbs.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 428
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 489.1 mg
- Fat: 25.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 38.9 g
- Cholesterol: 129.5 mg
Keywords: Pork Tenderloin. Bacon