Air Fried Chinese Chicken, what do you think of this Chinese Chicken and Asparagus Potato Bake??
- 10-12 chicken pieces (legs, wings, and thighs)
- 2 Tblsp garlic/ginger paste
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tblsp 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp bean paste
- 1 Tblsp fish sauce
- 2 Tblsp light soya sauce
- 1 Tblsp dark soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 2 Tblsp brown sugar
- Whisk all the marinade ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Add the chicken, coat completely, cover, and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Add to a steamer and steam for 20 minutes while you make a spring roll batter.
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cornflour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp oil
- Water to make a smooth batter.
- I mix all ingredients in a bowl and stand next to the sink with the tap running slowly and adding water and whisk shoving the bowl under the tap as I need more water till I’m satisfied with the consistency. (Make sure the plug is in the sink!).
- Now if we were going to fry the chicken in shallow oil, I would’ve added the chicken to the batter and let it sit for 10 minutes before frying in hot oil.
- But I lightly coated in the batter and shook off most excess before Airfrying at 180 °C for about 15-20 minutes.
Asparagus Potato Bake
- 3 potatoes, peeled and washed
- Bunch of asparaguses
- Salt, pepper, and potato spice
- 1 tsp Vegeta (Aromix or Aromat)
- Crushed chili flakes
- 1 packet mushroom sauce
- 300 ml cream
- Handful grated cheddar cheese
- ½ packet parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Slice potatoes to ¼ inch thick.
- Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Layer in greased pyrex baking dish.
- Season with spices except for crushed chili.
- Snap off the hard part of the asparagus and slice.
- Add the asparagus and toss.
- Whisk the packet of mushroom sauce and cream till smooth, and add the cheddar.
- Pour over the potato and asparagus (use a fork to spread the cheese).
- Sprinkle parmesan over.
- Sprinkle chili flakes over.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160C and bake till potatoes are tender.
- You can leave at 180 if you’re in a hurry but cover with foil first, but I prefer slow.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.