As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A hearty and Chunky Chicken Soup with chicken, garlic, carrots, fresh courgettes, and corn on the cob. Absolute outstanding and super delicious
- 2 Chicken breast fillets left whole
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 3 med carrots diced
- 3 courgettes diced
- 2 corn on cob kernels were removed with a sharp knife
- 6 cups of chicken stock ( Ina Paarman stock granules dissolved in 6 cups boiling
- water )
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 x 420 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 x 420 g red kidney beans, drained and washed
- 1 x 420 g cannellini beans, drained and washed
- Seasoning: salt to taste, white pepper, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp ground cumin,
2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 1/2 tsp origanum, 1 tsp sugar
- For garnish: chopped parsley, a dollop of sour cream (optional)
- In a large saucepan add olive oil and saute onion, garlic, red pepper, carrots, corn kernels, and courgettes for 5 minutes, add chicken stock, beans, tomatoes, and tomato puree.
Add seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling you can add 2 whole chicken fillets and simmer the soup for 20 to 25 mins.
Remove fillets and pull them apart with a fork.
- Add back to the pot. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve with parsley and a dollop of sour cream
Prepared, tried, and tested by Gail Haselsteiner