These Easy and Delicious Breakfast scones are healthy and perfect for an on-the-go breakfast.
- 500ml unsweetened almond milk + 25ml vinegar = Buttermilk. Mix together and let it sit for ±5 minutes, while you mix the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 cup maple sugar (you can use any brown sugar)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil (you can use any cooking oil)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (you can use any baking flour)
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- Pinch of salt
- 2.5 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 3 crushed Weetabix = 1½ cup
- Crushed pistachios (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl beat together with a handheld electric mixer the sugar, oil, and eggs until well blended and creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well, and divide the mixture into 21 muffin cases. I use a ¼ cup measure and this works perfectly.
- On half, I sprinkled some crushed pistachios, just for an extra crunch (optional).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out dry and clean.
Source: Own creation
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs
Copyright © 2022 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.