As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You need to try this quick and easy Hollandaise Sauce in a blender
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 10 tablespoons salted butter
- Melt the butter slowly in a pot, but do not boil – it needs to keep all the moisture in.
- Put the yolks, lemon juice, and pepper into the blender and blend for about 20-30 seconds.
- If possible, turn down the speed on the blender for the rest – mine couldn’t, and worked out just fine.
- Add the butter by slowly drizzling it in while still blending.
- I had to thin mine considerably with warm water (about 2 tablespoons) and it was still very thick.
- Mine also came out very yellow because I used free-range eggs with dark yolks.
- We used it within minutes, but they say it will hold for an hour.
- After I poached our eggs, I held the sauce over the steaming water and stirred it a while to cook, but the reasoning is that the heat of the blender also cooks it a bit.
- It was a super simple and very delicious way around such a technically challenging sauce.
- I’ll make it again, for sure.
Prepared, tried, and tested Corlea Smit