Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins, are best served warm for breakfast or even as a savory treat in the afternoon. It’s so easy to prepare.
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins
This is a great grab ‘n go breakfast, but also has that wow factor to impress!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Easy
- 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tsp white vinegar OR 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tsp sour cream (full fat)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bacon pieces – store-bought
- 1/2 –3/4 cup onions chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg per muffin
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray pan/muffin tin holes with VOO.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- Whisk wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine but do not over mix.
- Fold in bacon, onion, and cheese.
- Scoop the batter into the pan/muffin tin and make sure you cover the bottom properly.
- Make a divot in the batter and then crack an egg into each hole.
- Divide the remaining batter between each hole to cover the egg.
- To ensure that the egg stay put, in the center, scoop some of the batter (3 blobs) around the edge of the egg before covering the top.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 602
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 942.5 mg
- Fat: 33.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.1 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 26.2 g
- Cholesterol: 299.9 mg
Keywords: Bacon, Egg, Breakfast, Muffin