Do you know How to make Aloo Kachori? Please follow this recipe and you will have an awesome snack potato-filled pastry for your kids and adults which will be absolutely divine.
What is Kachori
Kachori is a spicy deep-fried snack, originating from the Indian subcontinent, and common in places with the Indian diaspora and other South Asian diaspora. Alternative names for the snack include kachauri, kachodi and katchuri.
- 1 Cup Flour
- ¼ Cup Oil
- 2 Potatoes (medium sized)
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp. Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp. Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder/Masala
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Chili Flakes
- Coriander (chopped)
- Mint (chopped)
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger & Garlic
- Warm Water (enough to form a dough)
- In a large bowl, add flour, salt and oil then pour in the water and knead till a soft dough is formed.
- Cover and allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel, cube then boil the potatoes till fork tender.
- Drain and add in all the spices, fresh herbs, and salt and mix well.
- The mixture should be dry.
- Break off small pieces of dough (golf ball size) and roll them out into a small circle.
- Place the circle in the palm of your hand, place a spoonful of the potato mixture in the middle of the circle then form a ball by bringing the sides up and pinching the tops.
- Gently flatten with your fingertips so that the mixture spreads out.
- Cook in hot oil till golden brown on both sides.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes- Saffas Daily Recipes
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 44Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 1g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
Recipes you should check out
Copyright © 2022 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.