As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Come over and experience these Grandma’s old-fashioned doughnuts or donuts and enjoy the best of yesterday, Today.
A doughnut or donut is a type of food made from leavened fried dough. It is popular in many countries and is prepared in various forms as a sweet.
More Doughnuts/Donuts recipes to try out:
- Baked Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze
- Homemade Mini Sour Milk Doughnuts
- Portuguese Mascarpone Lemon Fried Doughnuts
Old Fashioned Doughnuts or Donuts
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 20 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Easy
Bite into the delicious nostalgia of an Old-Fashioned Doughnut and savor the taste and smell of fresh donuts coated with yummy cinnamon sugar.
Doughnut / Donut
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp. soft butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 6 cups flour
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add milk, egg, and only 3 cups of flour. baking powder. salt. cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well with an electric mixture.
- Then mix in the additional 2½ to 3 cups flour to form a soft dough that can be rolled out and shaped into a doughnut/donut shape.
- Fry in medium oil until it has a nice golden brown.
- Let it cool and then roll in cinnamon sugar.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rashida from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 461
- Sugar: 26 g
- Sodium: 117.7 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.2 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 9.7 mg
Keywords: Doughnuts, Donuts
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.