A Fruity and Spiced cake. It’s super delicious, you will want to make this Pear and Apple Cake immediately for your afternoon coffee time.
A Fruity and Spiced cake. It’s super delicious, you will want to make this Pear & Apple Cake immediately
- 1/2 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pear, shredded
- 1 apple, shredded
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup wholewheat flour
- Cream the butter and sugar, then blend the eggs in one at a time.
- Mix the milk, fruit, and jam until well combined.
- You could easily add raisins or nuts to this recipe too.
- My family is not big on raisins or nuts, but I could see it working really well here.
- Another thing that could really work here is a few tablespoons of orange juice for more tang!
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and add to the wet mixture.
- Bake at 350°F in a 9″ cake tin for about 35-40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve as-is for tea time or with cream cheese frosting for dessert.
- It’s versatile and super delicious.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Corlea from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 26 g
- Sodium: 31.2 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.6 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 61.8 mg
Keywords: Pear, Apple, Cake
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.