As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I accidentally bought semolina flour instead of cornmeal, so had to come up with something to do with it. And this Semolina Cake Harissa did the trick perfectly!
- 300mL water
- 360g sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 300g semolina
- 100g flour
- 150g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 240g butter
- 250mL milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- I didn’t have enough coconut, so I changed it to 75g coconut and added an extra 25g of semolina and flour.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Heat the water, sugar, and lemon juice over medium heat until dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and combine it with the milk and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and combine.
- Line a 13″x9″ baking tin with parchment and press the batter into the tin.
- Bake for 30-40mins or until golden brown on top.
- After baking, pour the syrup over the cake and set it aside to soak in.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Corlea Smit