I was totally surprised at how quick my Sunday Sweet and Smokey Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin was in the IP, just under half an hour including prep, with a delicious gravy. I couldn’t believe it!
Pork tenderloin, also called pork fillet, pork steak, or Gentleman’s Cut, is a long thin cut of pork. As with all quadrupeds, the tenderloin refers to the psoas major muscle along the central spine portion, ventral to the lumbar vertebrae.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- Dry rub
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- Sweet and smoky sauce.
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 tbsp. Low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch
- Mix all the ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, maple syrup, soy sauce, liquid smoke, and BBQ sauce; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in Instant Pot on sauté mode low.
- Rub the pork with the dry rub distributing it evenly; slice the pork in half. With tongs, carefully place both pieces of pork tenderloin into the Instant Pot.
- Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, or until the pork has browned on each side.
- With a large spoon or spatula, try to scrape up any pan bits from cooking the pork. (Pan bits can trigger the burn notice, even though nothing is burning.)
- Pour the sweet and smoky sauce over the tenderloin.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, lock it, and set the valve to "seal".
- Pressure cook it on high for 3 minutes.
- When done, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes. Then quick Release.
- Carefully remove the lid and, using tongs, remove the pork tenderloin from the Instant Pot.
- Place the tenderloin on a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, set the Instant Pot to sauté mode medium. Bring the sauce to a simmer.
- In a cup, mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup of cold water until the cornstarch has dissolved, then pour it into the sauce, whisking until the sauce has thickened to a gravy-like consistency.
- Slice the tenderloin, place it on a serving platter, and drizzle with the sauce, garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 199Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 18mgSodium 1282mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 24gProtein 9g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
What does an Instant Pot actually do?
Instant Pots are a brand of electric pressure cookers or multicookers. Pressure cookers work by creating heat under a tight seal, so the temperature is much higher than the boiling point of water and the steam can’t escape. The steam cooks food much more quickly than traditional stovetop or oven cooking.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.