Best-Ever Melting moments
A delicious biscuit that melts in your mouth
If you love buttery cookies, you will go crazy and eat all of these Melting Moments, but please do share with the family and friends. Sharing is Caring!
Ingredients for the Best-Ever Melting moments:
- 500g Salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ±4 cups flour
- 1 cup Maizena / Corn Starch
What is Maizena?
Corn starch or maize starch is the starch derived from the corn grain. The starch is obtained from the endosperm of the kernel. Corn starch is a common food ingredient, used in thickening sauces or soups, and in making corn syrup and other sugars
- Beat butter and icing sugar well.
- Add Maizena and mix well to combine.
- Add 2 cups flour and mix in then continue and add the balance a little at a time until the dough is nice and soft.
- Bake at 180C / 350F for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are just lightly browned.
- Don’t overbake!
- Once cold, sandwich when cold with butter icing
- Dip one side in melted chocolate as a special treat!
- Store the filled biscuits in an airtight container for up to three days, if you have the power not to eat them in one sitting.
- Or you can bake it as it will store well in the freezer.
- Never substitute the butter wholly or partially with margarine. Choose the best quality butter that you can get.
- Cornstarch is the ingredients that make the melting moments so crumbly and light
- Omit salt if you are using the salted butter
- How to shape the cookies: Use a small amount of the cookie dough to form a small ball with your hands. Place the ball on an oiled baking paper, well separated from each other. Press it down with the back of the fork to form a pattern. You can also pipe it onto the baking paper. Choose a piping bag nozzles to create the pattern.
Prepared, tried, and tested Rashida Habib
Tried this recipe?
Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Do you like surprises? If so, please have a look at some of the other Melting moments recipes on the blog!
Hi, have you ever considered to come and join us at our two FB Recipe Groups: