Chicken a la King is rich and creamy and made from scratch. This easy dinner recipe is great served over pasta tonight!
Chicken à la King
Chicken à la King is a dish consisting of diced chicken in a cream sauce, often with sherry, mushrooms, and vegetables, generally served over rice, noodles, or bread. It is also often served in a vol-au-vent or pastry case. It is sometimes made with tuna or turkey in place of chicken.
Why is it called chicken a la king?
1890s – Chef George Greenwald of the Brighton Beach Hotel, Brighton Beach, New York, created it in 1890s. … Chef Greenwald added to the menu and called it Chicken a la King after Mr. King. Brighton Beach is a neighborhood in southwestern Brooklyn lying between Manhattan Beach and Coney Island.
- 500g chicken fillet
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 100g button mushroom chopped
- 500g milk
- 1 packet of Knorr chicken a la king
- In a pan, brown the onion in 1 tbsp of oil, add chicken, mushrooms, and peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and pasta to the pan stir in the contents of the pouch and bring to boil while stirring occasionally simmer for 25 minutes.
Prepared tried and tested by AllJoy