Today I decided to try something different from the same ole same ole chicken curry and made this Chicken Curry With Créme Fraiche
I hope you try this recipe I got from a very old friend of mine Gail Solomon. It’s CURRIED CHICKEN WITH CRÈME FRAISCHE. It has all the flavors of the usual chicken curry, without the potatoes but with lots of creamy yumminess. Enjoy.
- 800g chicken breasts/thighs / any cut of your choice
- 1 Sliced onion
- 6 red dried chilies
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10ml fennel seeds (2 tsp)
- 10ml coriander seeds
- 1m (1/4 tsp) black peppercorns
- 6 cardamom pods
- 4 pieces of saffron soaked in water
- 1 tsp garlic and one tsp ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Fresh Dahnia
- Crème Fraiche (1 ½ cups)
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the spices in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Add all spices into the grinder and grind to a powder.
- Once the spices are ground, marinate the chicken with all the spices and leave overnight or for 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a pot and add onion.
- Add ginger and garlic to the onion and oil and fry until soft.
- Add the marinated chicken and cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked (depending on the cuts of the chicken).
- You might want to add a splash of boiling water.
- Add the saffron that has been soaked in water.
- And cook another few minutes.
- Then add the Crème Fraiche and cook without a lid for a further 15 minutes / 20 minutes. Add chopped fresh coriander and turn off the heat.
- Serve with Roti or basmati rice
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Melanie Kramar