This Chicken & Spinach Pasta is the perfect comfort food for a rainy weekend. Be sure to make this recipe double, to feed all the hungry tummies.
Pasta is a type of food typically made from an unleavened dough of wheat flour mixed with water or eggs and formed into sheets or other shapes, then cooked by boiling or baking.
- 1 pkg Pasta/Macaroni
- 1 pkg Chicken Breast
- 1 bunch of Spinach leaves
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic
- 2 tsp Thyme /dry or fresh
- 1 liter Milk
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 25 g butter
- Shredded cheese
- 3 cloves
- Chicken spice
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and rinse to cool.
- Boil Breast in water with salt, cloves, and chicken spices, when done shredded chicken breast and leave aside.
- Cook spinach with tsp salt until soft and drain.
- In a pan take chopped onions, garlic, and thyme and saute for 10 minutes.
- Stir shredded chicken and drained spinach into the onion mix and then season with salt and pepper for taste.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2mins
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce
- Return to the heat and stir all the time to bring to the boil
- Simmer gently for 8-10 mins and season with salt and pepper
- Put a little white sauce in an oven dish then add pasta, shredded chicken, spinach, and onion mix top with the rest of the white sauce and the end of shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven @ 180C / 350F for 30 mins
Prepared, tried, and tested by Denzel Koenana
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!