As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Chicken & Spinach Pasta is the perfect comfort food for a rainy weekend. Be sure to make this recipe double, to feed all the hungry tummies.
Pasta is a type of food typically made from an unleavened dough of wheat flour mixed with water or eggs and formed into sheets or other shapes, then cooked by boiling or baking.
- 1 pkg Pasta/Macaroni
- 1 pkg Chicken Breast
- 1 bunch of Spinach leafs
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic
- 2 tsp Thyme /dry or fresh
- 1 liter Milk
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 25 g butter
- Shredded cheese
- 3 cloves
- Chicken spice
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and rinse to cool.
- Boil Breast in water with salt, cloves, and chicken spices, when done shredded chicken breast and leave aside.
- Cook spinach with tsp salt until soft and drain.
- In a pan take chopped onions, garlic, and thyme and saute for 10 minutes.
- Stir shredded chicken and drained spinach into the onion mix and then season with salt and pepper for taste.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2mins
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce
- Return to the heat and stir all the time to bring to the boil
- Simmer gently for 8-10 mins and season with salt and pepper
- Put a little white sauce in an oven dish then add pasta then shredded chicken, spinach, and onion mix top with the rest of the white sauce and the end of shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven @ 180C / 350F for 30 mins
Prepared, tried, and tested by Denzel Koenana
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.