A Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Oven-Baked dish for a Saturday light lunch with a salad, or even for a dinner
- 1 packet of bacon pieces
- 2 cauliflowers cut up
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- Cup cheddar cheese
- Cup mozzarella
- Dry oregano
- Salt & pepper
- Add cauliflower and water to a small pot.
- Season with salt and let it boil till cauliflower is soft, strain and leave aside
- Fry bacon in a saucepan until cooked
- Make white sauce in a pot, add butter in the pot let it melt then add flour and stir all the time
- Add milk little by little until the sauce is nice and smooth
- In a baking dish add cauliflower first then sprinkle bacon on top then white sauce and then top with cheddar cheese and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C / 350Ffor 15 to 20 minutes.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.