A Recipe for this Insane Crispy Orange Chicken Idea for your next evening mealPrint
Insane Crispy Orange Chicken Idea
Orange Chicken is made with boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces, coated, and then fried until golden and crispy. This orange sauce is heavenly and a must try!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 portions 1x
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- 600g chicken fillet cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
Sauce for the Chicken
- 5 tbsp. soy sauce
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock **
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Sprinkle of red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
For the rice
- 1 cup of rice
- Colored Peppers
- 1/2 onion
- Salt, Pepper, Thyme and Rosemary
- Mix the above together, season with a little salt and pepper and marinate for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add 2 tbsp cornflour (Maizena).
- Coat chicken evenly.
- Mix 1 cup flour with 1 beaten egg and 1/3 (one third) cup of water.
- Add this batter to the chicken and coat well.
- Deep fry in small batches until golden brown and crispy.
For the sauce
- In a pot, bring it to a boil.
- Mix 2 tsp cornflour with a little water to make a slurry and add to the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- For the rice
- Cook 1 cup of rice
- Chop up some mushrooms, carrots, and colored peppers.
- You also need sweetcorn and ½ chopped onion.
- Fry onion in butter, add all the vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add to rice.
- Serve with Crispy Orange Chicken.
- Coat fried chicken pieces in the sauce and keep some for serving with noodles or rice.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onion.
**For the chicken stock: You can also use the powdered chicken stock and dilute as needed.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Jennifer Govender Bisnath
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 748
- Sugar: 26
- Sodium: 2434
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 82
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 66
- Cholesterol: 200
Keywords: orange chicken and rice, the orange chicken snob, orange chicken delish, orange chicken easy recipe tasty
I tried this Insane Crispy Orange Chicken Idea today, and I must say, I absolutely love it, it’s too delicious.
Instead of using orange juice (as per the recipe), I substituted and used 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and I added some chili flakes, as well as a tsp Masada, so go ahead and try this out and let us know what you think of this Insane Crispy Orange Chicken Idea.
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!