Sunshine Blogger Award 4
Within a week EsmeSalon received two awards at the end of 2019, what a way to end the year.
I wish to thank Nilakshi from MerakiMusings for nominating EsmeSalon for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Please go and read all about Nilakshi and her blog MerakiMusings, as she has so much to offer and I am quite sure that you will be happy to get to know her.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
This award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
I have done a post on Blogging is an interesting world! and I reiterate what I wrote that the blogging community is fantastic. This is a place where you get inspired, encouraged and helped in so many ways and continually learn from one another. This is such a wonderful community and the more you give, the more you will receive in return.
It’s great and wonderful to receive any reward, but to me, the biggest reward of all is to connect with my fellow bloggers, showcase them, share their stories and also to learn from them. We each have our niche, some small, some have a variety of areas they cover, but each one is unique and that’s what makes this so rewarding as we learn something new from every blog post we read.
Now, if you do not know me, or wish to know me better, please keep reading!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations.
Nilakshi’s questions I have to answer for this Sunshine Blogger Award 4
How different is your life compared to one year ago?
For starters, I am a year older, hopefully, a tad wiser, much more grey, if that’s possible. Still working full time so nothing much changed in that region.
Have you ever conquered a fear?
What is Fear? Fear is a feeling induced by perceived danger or threat that occurs in certain types of organisms, which causes a change in metabolic and organ functions and ultimately a change in behavior, such as fleeing, hiding, or freezing from perceived traumatic events.
Yes, we all fear something or another, but I wish to quote the following: “I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.” – William Allen White
How do you practice self-care, or how do you spend 1 hour if you can make for yourself every day?
Things I love to do: Spend Time With Loved Ones; Read Inspiring Quotes; Take A Hot Shower; Take a 10-minute break at work; Eat healthy foods.
Any personal anthem you may have?
“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”
What do you prefer, Kindle or Paperback?
For sure Kindle
One piece of advice to your future self
Be humble and kind to yourself.
Continuing with my answers for this Sunshine Blogger Award 4
Do you prefer a road trip or a scenic train ride?
Most definitely a scenic train ride.
What is one thing you are confident to achieve in 2020?
Be more healthy
What is the one character trait you want to be remembered for?
If you become a millionaire overnight, what would be the first thing you would do with the money?
Help our children and grandkids to get a good and solid financial footing.
What is your greatest strength?
I would say Patience, Respectfulness, and Dedication.
Our Sunshine Blogger Award Questions
- What is your proudest blogging achievement?
- If your five-year-old self suddenly occupies your body, what would the first thing be that your five-year-old self will do?
- Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
- Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
- You’ve been given a genie lamp – what three wishes are you asking the genie to grant?
- What is the meaning behind your blog name?
- Do you collect anything and if so what and why?
- Do you write in your books?
- What is your most used app on your phone/tablet?
- Name a musical instrument/s you play/played.
- What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
I have listed them in alpha order below, but I can add many many more here, in fact, all our blogging friends over at SIPB
Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Ask The BIG Question!
- FROM MICHIGAN TO GERMANY
- Mental health from the other side
- No Longer A Stay At Home Mom
- North Fourth Street
- Phaytea’s Pulse
- Renew Inspiration
- Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride
- Tonie’s Book Bits
- Traveling Party of Four
- Valerie Fowler Writes
You are under no obligation to accept, although my wish and hope are that the nomination will mean something to you, and I will sincerely appreciate it if you do accept the nomination. This is my way to say that I care about each of you and I wish to give credit where credit is due, as you are exceptional bloggers and deserve The Sunshine Blogger Award!