Drenched with Dijon, these Air Fried Honey Mustard Chicken pieces are perfectly seasoned and cooked until tender and juicy.
Can you put raw chicken in an air fryer?
Yes, you put raw frozen chicken in the air fryer! You won’t be able to brine it first or pound it to an even thickness (so the results are not as juicy) but if you forget to thaw your chicken, it’s a great option to have on hand.
Does the chicken need to be flipped in Airfryer?
To help food crisp, always turn, rotate or shake the contents in the air-fryer basket, just like flipping french fries, fish fillets, or chicken tenders halfway through cooking in a traditional oven.
Recipes you should check out
This post was added to the following link party: #ANYTHINGGOES LINKY 387
Air Fried Honey Mustard Chicken
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Air Fry Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- 1/2 cup mustard (Dijon and grainy mixed)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 6 –8 chicken pieces skin-on
- Whisk the mayonnaise and all the other sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Score the chicken.
- Pour half the sauce over the chicken and ensure the chicken is well coated.
- Reserve the remainder for heating as a sauce and basting.
- Marinate covered for 2 hours (or as long as you like).
- Add chicken to the air fryer basket and air fry for 18-20 minutes turning and basting halfway. (For the basting – I added a splash of hot water to the residue in the marinating dish after removing the chicken and using a basting brush, brush all the sauce from the sides of the bowl).
- Delicious served with fried rice and potato wedges.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 18
- Sodium: 490
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 39
Keywords: Honey Mustard Chicken
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!