My first attempt at baking in the Air Fryer. I tried this Air Fryer Streusel Topped Blueberry Bread and am very happy with the outcome.
This is such an easy and simple blueberry loaf that’s packed with plump fresh blueberries and it turned out to be perfect for breakfast or a quick snack with your coffee.
How to store Blueberry Bread?
Let the bread cool completely then put it in a big enough plastic container or resealable plastic bag that’s lined with a sheet of paper towel. Put another sheet on top and seal the container. This way the bread keeps fresh and moist for up to 4 days at room temperature.
Any Blueberry loaf cake is wonderful with your morning coffee especially this one with the Streusel topping
Does blueberry bread need to be refrigerated?
To Store. Room Temperature – Store Blueberry Bread in a sealed plastic bag or covered in saran wrap at room temperature for up to 5 days. Refrigerate – Refrigerate for 1+ week in an airtight container or sealed bag.
How do you keep Blueberry Air Fryer Bread moist?
- Use room-temperature eggs
- Make sure to use fresh ingredients, especially your rising agents.
- Once it cooled down properly, store the bread in an airtight container to keep prevent it from drying out.
- An even better option would be to place it in a plastic bag and seal it properly to keep in the moisture.
- 2 X-large room-temperature eggs
- 250 ml Berry sugar (regular white sugar will work), I only use Berry sugar for baking
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 12.5ml vanilla extract
- 5 ml white vinegar
- 5 ml baking soda
- 5 ml salt
- 125 ml sour cream
- 500 ml easy blending flour (you can use regular flour) I ONLY bake with Easy Blending flour
- 250 ml fresh blueberries
- 180 ml flour
- 75 ml melted unsalted butter
- 180 ml regular white sugar
- 5 ml salt
- Melt the butter in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- Do not cook it, just melt it.
- Mix and blend through the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Set the topping aside.
- Cream the berry sugar and eggs together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- You can use a stand or hand mixer, both will work. I used my handheld mixer as it’s easier to pull out and use vs. the stand mixer and less cleanup afterward.
- When light and fluffy, add oil, vanilla extract vinegar, baking soda, and salt and
give it a quick beat just to incorporate and blend it through.
- In the same bowl add the sour cream and flour and still use the handheld
mixer beat it until no dry spots are visible.
- Fold in the blueberries with a spoon.
- I used 2 small loaf pans and gave it a good spray on the inside cake release
mixture although it may not have been necessary.
- Fill the loaf pans about ½ full of batter.
- Generously sprinkle the topping over the dough. You may think it’s way too
much, but do not skimp.
- Place the loaf pan in the air fryer basket and set the time for 25 minutes at
320 degrees F.
- After 20-25 minutes, check the bread to make sure that they are cooked fully by inserting a cake tester in the middle of the loaf.
- If it comes out clean, they are fully cooked; if needed continue to add 2 minutes at a time and check again.
- Repeat until it’s fully cooked. I ended up cooking it for 35 minutes.
- For the second one, I decided to up the temperature to 350F, and for that one I only cooked for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove them from the Air Fryer let them cool down properly before removing them from the loaf pan.
Prepared, tried, and tested owner, Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 16661
- Sugar: 64
- Sodium: 157
- Fat: 287
- Saturated Fat: 101
- Unsaturated Fat: 160
- Trans Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 3038
- Fiber: 108
- Protein: 412
- Cholesterol: 418
Keywords: Easy Air Fryer blueberry bread
Come and join us on Facebook at our Recipe Group and check out our Online Store
Other Air Fryer recipes to try out
More Blueberry recipes
- 12 Easy to Prepare Blueberry Orange Muffins
- Gluten Free Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Bake