As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I tried something different, Bacon Bits Butter Swim Biscuits, and also modified it to make it GF and added extra ingredients to suit my taste.
Super easy, butter swim biscuits with a twist and made Gluten-Free and savory! You should give it a go and let me know what you think. You can also use regular flour, no need to use Gluten-free flour. It’s me experimenting, and it worked, so next time I will use regular flour.
Gluten-Free Bacon Bits Butter Swim Biscuits
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks
- Method: Easy
- Diet: Gluten Free
You need to try this, the name “butter swim biscuits” got me, and I thought, why not, give it a go?
I am so glad I did. Obviously, as per my nature, I had to modify it, so I tested it with Gluten-Free flour, and it worked well! I also added bacon bits to give it a savory spin!
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 2 1/2 cups GF all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 450F / 230C degrees.
- Use a glass 8×8-inch baking dish and spray with any non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in the microwave (30 seconds should be more than enough) and then pour the melted butter into the baking dish.
- Now mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, then pour over the dry mixture with the buttermilk and mix in the bacon bits.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until you have a thick and sticky batter.
- Spoon the dough directly on top of the melted butter.
- Not to worry if some of the butter ooze out and run over the dough.
- Slightly flatten the top of the dough with a damp spatula, or if you wish oily hands.
- Use the damp spatula and cut the dough into 9 squares (or as many of you prefer) as this be useful when cutting it once baked.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes at 450F / 230C degree.
- Make sure to check your baking as your oven may vary.
- The top of your biscuits should be a nice golden brown and when you insert a cake tester or toothpick into the center it should come out clean with no batter.
- Voila, you’re done.
- Take it out of the oven, let it cool, and enjoy!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (Blogger and Owner) The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 cube
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 272.7 mg
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 33.4 mg
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Bacon, Biscuits
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
2 thoughts on “Gluten-Free Bacon Bits Butter Swim Biscuits”
Dropped in from the #SeniorSalonPitStop, are these recipes Keto? Or can someone eat them while also trying to reduce their blood sugars and cholesterol?
I am not sure if keto but as it’s minimal sugar it may work for you and I am sure it will make no difference if you wish to substitute the sugar with something you use or even omit it totallt.
Let me know if you decide to try it out. Would love to hear the outcome. Enjoy