As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Coconut-Custard Tarts for our coconut lovers, you will most certainly enjoy this lovely treat
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 tarts 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Method: Easy
If you want your tarts to look extra special, you can decorate with sprinkles and cherries or anything you love.
- 125g butter / margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 200 g desiccated coconut
- 500ml Ultramel custard
- 1 tbsp. Maizena (also called Corn starch, maize starch, or cornflour)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg & vanilla essence.
- Add baking powder and flour a little at a time until you get a soft dough.
- Press dough into to pie dishes.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients together until well combined.
- Divide equally into the 2 pie dishes over the bases.
- Decorate with cherries/almonds/sprinkles, etc.
- Bake at 170C / 340F for +-15 minutes or until the bases are lightly browned.
- Cool and serve.
- Tastes divine when served chilled also. Enjoy
Prepared, tried, and tested by Irene from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 7630
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 9213.8 mg
- Fat: 13.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1972.2 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 29.5 mg
Keywords: Coconut, custard
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.