Coconut-Custard Tarts for our coconut lovers, you will most certainly enjoy this lovely treat
If you want your tarts to look extra special, you can decorate with sprinkles and cherries or anything you love.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 tarts 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Method: Easy
- 125g butter / margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg & vanilla essence.
- Add baking powder and flour a little at a time until you get a soft dough.
- Press dough into to pie dishes.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients together until well combined.
- Divide equally into the 2 pie dishes over the bases.
- Decorate with cherries/almonds/sprinkles, etc.
- Bake at 170C / 340F for +-15 minutes or until the bases are lightly browned.
- Cool and serve.
- Tastes divine when served chilled also. Enjoy
Prepared, tried, and tested by Irene from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 7630
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 9213.8 mg
- Fat: 13.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1972.2 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 29.5 mg
Keywords: Coconut, custard