As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These delicious Eggless Savory Chili Cheese Scones are so light and delicious that no one will believe they are eggless and a perfect teatime treat.
A scone is a baked good, usually made of either wheat or oatmeal with baking powder as a leavening agent, and baked on sheet pans. A scone is often slightly sweetened and occasionally glazed with egg wash. The scone is a basic component of the cream tea.
Some more Recipes you should check out
Eggless Savory Chili Cheese Scones
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 8–10 depending on size 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Cuisine: Scottish
A perfect tea time treat of eggless chili cheese scones served with a cuppa Rooibos tea.
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Chili Flakes
- 125g Butter (cubed)
- 1 cup Plain Yoghurt
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 3 Tbsp. Cold Water
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until it resembles fine sand.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the yogurt and water and add it to the flour mixture along with the cheese and chili flakes then stir until the dough starts to combine.
- Turn out onto a clean surface and gather the dough (just until it comes together).
- Roll the dough out, cut it into circles, and place it on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with milk and bake at 180 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 633
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 40
Keywords: Cheese Scones
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
The Benefits of Resting and Refrigerating Dough for Scones
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
2 thoughts on “Eggless Savory Chili Cheese Scones”
Those look tasty and simple, too. Pinning
Hope you will give it a try and have fun while making them and enjoy them with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee