As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Turkey is a great substitute for the typical beef found in chili dishes, so you need to try this Hearty Turkey Chili
This is a Weight Watchers Recipe. Each serving is 5 Points.
Servings: 6-8 / about 1 cup each
Heat index: medium. If you prefer less spicy chili, reduce spices to taste.
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey, 93% lean
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1½ t chili powder
- 1½ t paprika
- 1½ t cayenne pepper
- 1 t cumin
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce (tomato puree in SA)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1½ T vinegar
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red or green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray and add oil.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add turkey and brown. Stir to break up big lumps.
- Add chili, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken stock, vinegar, beans, and red/green pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until meat and vegetables are tender, 30-45 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese (if you’re not watching your weight), and chopped scallions.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Christl Honiball