Discover a simple and foolproof method to create tasty Homemade Hazelnut Spread (Nutella) in the comfort of your own home with these effortless instructions.
Nutella is a brand of sweetened hazelnut cocoa spread. Nutella is manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero and was first introduced in 1964, although its first iteration dates to 1963.
Homemade Hazelnut Spread (Nutella)
Make your own Homemade Hazelnut Spread (Nutella) with only 7 ingredients. It’s super delicious and better than store-bought.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 jar 1x
- Category: Lunch Recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 cups Hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut/ Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven at 180C / 350F for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place in a dish towel, and rub vigorously to remove the skin.
- Allow nuts to cool slightly.
- Melt the chocolate chips, add the oil, vanilla & cocoa powder to it and mix well.
- Place the cooled nuts into the food processor and grind until it forms a smooth mixture (hazelnut butter)
- Add in the salt, sugar, and chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Pour into a jar and allow it to set as it will be runny.
- Cooling allows it to thicken.
- Store in the cupboard.
- Spread and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 20
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 7
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Hazelnuts Nutella
13 Things You Didn’t Know About Hazelnut Spread Nutella
Some more Recipes you should check out
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!