As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream No-Churn. You need No ice cream machine, it’s no gluten with the extra deliciousness of sea salt caramel.
Who will say “no” to ice cream on a hot summer day? This creamy Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream No-Churn recipe is made even better with nuts and marshmallows as well as Skor Toffee bits and delicious Sea Salt Caramel swirls.Print
Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream No-Churn
- Prep Time: 1 hours
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours
- Yield: 1.75 KG tub, at least 60 depending on scoop size 1x
- Category: Recipes
- Cuisine: California
Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream No-Churn, No ice cream machine needed, gluten-free, with nuts and delicious sea salt caramel swirls.
- 115g chopped dark or bittersweet chocolate
- 60g chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 250ml (1 cup) 3% or full cream milk
- 1 14 oz. (307 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp) pure vanilla extract
- 12.5 ml (1 tbsp) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12.5 ml (1 tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A pinch salt
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup roasted salted almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Hershey’s CHIPITS Chocolate Chips + extra for decoration
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s CHIPITS Skor Toffee bits+ extra for decoration
- 2 cups heavy cream (if you can find the English Double Devon cream that will be perfect) although I used tinned Carnation extra thick cream
- 280 ml Bottle Sea Salt Caramel but you can use any store-bought hot fudge topping NOT chocolate sauce
Chop up the dark and semi-sweet chocolate and set aside in a large microwave bowl.
Heat up the milk to a near boil in the microwave (Do not boil) and pour it over the chopped chocolate.
Do not stir and set aside for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes or so, then stir until the chocolate is smooth and fully melted.
Add and stir in all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the last two ingredients: keep the Sea Salt Caramel or chocolate sauce (whichever you prefer to use) and heavy cream aside.
Whip the heavy cream in a clean and separate bowl, until soft peaks form then fold cream gently into the melted chocolate mixture.
I placed the entire bowl of ice cream in the freezer for ± 30-60 minutes as its rather runny. Just as it starts to set, but it should still be like molten lava, then start to assemble. If it’s too runny you will not be able to add the salted caramel or chocolate mix to it as it will just sink.
To a ± 2-liter (± 2 quarts) freezable container (I used a large yogurt tub), divide the mixture into three, and layer a ⅓ of the ice cream, then a drizzle a ⅓ of the Sea Salt Caramel or chocolate sauce on top and give a swirl or two with a knife.
** Extras used not usually found in Rocky Road Ice cream, but I usually add or modify my recipes to my personal taste, so I added Hershey’s CHIPITS Skor Toffee bits and used Sea Salt Caramel in stead of the standard chocolate sauce.
I must admit, both these ingredients are super delicious in this ice cream and you will not be sorry to add them.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 2039
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 13
What is Rocky Road Ice Cream
Rocky road ice cream is a chocolate flavored ice cream. Though there are variations from the original flavor, it is traditionally composed of chocolate ice cream, nuts, and whole or diced marshmallows.
More Ice Cream recipes on the blog
- The Most Delicious Brownies with Ice Cream
- No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream
- 4 Ingredient Mango and Orange Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Bombe
4 thoughts on “Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream No-Churn”
I don’t really eat ice cream usually, but I wouldn’t mind trying this! 🙂
Hi Nina, This is such an awesome treat and super delicious. Rich, and oh so fantastic. Made it especially for a ice cream and chocoholic and they thoroughly enjoyed it and asked for more, so I left the entire tub with them to enjoy.
The ice cream looks so delicious. 😊
Thanks for popping in here at my blog, much appreciated. Hope you will be able to try this out, as its truly easy to make and super delicious.