Craving for a mouthwatering treat? Our Super Moist Chocolate Cake is a chocolate lover’s dream come true. It’s rich, velvety, and absolutely divine. Perfect for any occasion or just a sweet treat to end your day. Bake your own now and get ready to indulge in the best chocolate cake you’ve ever tasted.
Chocolate cake or chocolate gâteau is a cake flavored with melted chocolate, cocoa powder, or both.Print
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup double cream yogurt (You can use buttermilk or Amazi as well).
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons coffee
- 4 heaped tablespoons of flour
- 2 heaped tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 250g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 1 teaspoon coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- In a bowl sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar and mix through.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl add double cream yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and oil and mix.
- Make a cup of black coffee, with hot water and coffee granules.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix to combine everything.
- Divide into 2 x 8-inch prepared tins.
- Bake for +- 30 minutes at 170oC / 338oF.
- Or test with a knife in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean cake is done.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and slide the knife around the sides and turn it out on a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
- In a pot add flour, cocoa, and sugar and mix it well then add milk.
- Place on medium high heat and stir all the time until it forms a thick past and it bubbles.
- Cover with a plastic on the paste and set aside to cool completely.
- Add butter in a mixer bowl and beat for about 5 minutes till pale.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix coffee granules with hot water. It will cool immediately and pour in the butter mixture.
- Add the cold paste, 1 heaped spoon at a time as you mix until all is incorporated.
- When the cake is completely cold assembled.
Prepared, tried, and tested Miriam from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 475
- Sugar: 41.3 g
- Sodium: 286.6 mg
- Fat: 25.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.6 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 68 mg
Keywords: Moist Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Cake
This post was added to the following link party: Homestead Blog Hop