All about your BLOG:
Tell us about you lovely BLOG.
- What is the name of your blog and how did you decide on your blog name?
My blog was originally named “A Writer and Her Adolescent Muse” as I was still testing the water as a writer, writing in various formats and genres. I recently changed it to “A Writer and Her Sentimental Muse” as I’m thinking about taking the dual paths of being a Romance-Suspense writer as well as a memoirist.
- What prompted you to start on this blogging journey?
I craved connecting with other like-minded individuals, and I figured that blogging would be a good way to accomplish that.
- To date, what blogging achievement/s are you most proud of?
Haven’t won any awards, but I have connected with so many wonderful people so that’s a big achievement in my world.
- How would you describe your own blogging style? Personal, contemplative, at times humorous, real, and brutally honest.
- What excites you most about blogging? Being able to share my experiences with others as well as my stories and poems.
- What platform do you use and why? WordPress.
They have so many theme choices which I love. Variety is the spice in my life, and WordPress rules in that department.
- What genre/topic/theme do you blog about? Do you ever deviate from that theme? A lot of my stories are horror or dark. My poems tend to be dark as well. I also like to share various experiences that have impacted my personal and writing life, and in the hope of helping others.
- How often do you blog per week or month?
I try to blog at least two posts each week.
- Do you have any wisdom or tip/s regarding blogging to share with us?
It’s okay to experiment with styles, genres, etc. as you explore to find the right niche for yourself.
- Do you participate in linkup parties? How do you feel about it?
I have participated in a few and loved them. I hope to do more in the near future. They’re great to meet others, and introduce your blog to new readerships.
All about YOU:
Tell us something about you, the real YOU.
- What do you like to do other than blogging?
I enjoy writing poems and micro-stories. From time to time I will take some and convert them into a video format, and post them on YouTube.
- Where do you reside?
I live in northeastern North Dakota, just north of Grand Forks, on a small farmstead.
- Are you an indoor or outdoor person?
I love being outdoors! I grew up in the Adirondack Mountains where I used to play in the hills, woods, and around creeks all day long as a kid. Now living in ND, when it’s not too cold, I take my daily walk along the many dirt roads near the farmstead. There’s nothing like living in a friendly farming community. 🙂
- Do you still work, and if so, what is your trade/profession?
No, I “retired” from the workforce in 2015 (age 44) due to a progressive disability to become a full-time homemaker/mother. It’s been three years and I’m still trying to adjust.
- Or are you retired? If so, what do you do besides blogging?
Write/blog, take care of the home, and the many critters we have around the farmstead.
- Do you wish to be 20-something or the age you are now and why?
If I could have the body of a 20-something at my current age, I’d be quite content! My 20s were rough so no, I don’t wish to go back. I like where I am right now where I have a home and a family I love.
- What makes your day a good and happy one?
Watching my guys working in the gardens as I sit on the front porch with one of the barn cats on my laps. It’s the simple things that matter most to me.
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
Artistic. Sympathetic. Optimistic.
- Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
– I used to compete in 5-k races (running) as well as biathlons (run-bike-run), and placed in a few (one as high as 1st place)
– It took me seven different colleges to get two degrees!
– When I was a kid, I won two horse competitions.
- Do you have any other tidbits to share with us about yourself?
Can’t think of any at the moment.
Last but not least:
- Please share with us your social media links, in order for our readers to follow you!
I know you want to do the 20 + 1 Interview Questions so I look forward to hearing from you!