As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Every person I’ve ever given this Iron Skillet Apple Pie loves it. It’s fairly simple and the smell in your house while baking is delicious.
My good friend shared the recipe with me years ago. Every person I’ve ever given this recipe to loves it. It’s fairly simple and the smell in your house while baking is delicious. Enjoy a great southern recipe.Print
Iron Skillet Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Moderate
It’s a fairly simple recipe and the smell in your house while baking is delicious. Enjoy this outstanding and awesome southern recipe.
- 1 stick butter, (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4–6 Granny Smith apples ( if small use 6, if large use 4)
- 2 pre-made pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C
- Place butter in the skillet and put in the preheating oven.
- After the butter has melted remove it from the oven and mix in brown sugar.
- Place one pie crust on top of the butter brown sugar mixture and allow the crust to go up the sides of the skillet.
- Place peeled and sliced apples, about half an inch thick, in a bowl with a cup of white sugar and cinnamon and mix.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together before mixing with apples.
- Place the second crust on top of the apples and push the crust down the sides to meet with the bottom crust.
- Make slits in the top crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes and top to a golden brown.
- Sometimes I leave an extra five minutes to brown it.
- We serve hot with vanilla ice cream.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Mona from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 537
- Sugar: 54.5 g
- Sodium: 226.3 mg
- Fat: 25.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 76.5 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 30.4 mg
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
11 thoughts on “Iron Skillet Apple Pie”
Thanks again, love the feedback
Yum! I’ve got to put down some of my Indian recipes for you. I also have a awesome Mexican turkey soup. OK, now that I’ve told you I’ll get on it!
That will be just awesome. How about you join the FB group @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/therecipehunter/ and then you share all those delectable recipes on that platform, as all those will appear on this blog. Then the rest of my FB members and all bloggers can feast on these awesome recipes. I am looking forward. <3
I will. Thanks!
Awesome – I am still online, so if you wish to hit the join button, I will immediately approve your request. Looking forward to that and your awesome recipes.
I think I already have.
If so please share your recipes on FB group. As I am unable to find your name I cannot search the group to see if you’re a member, but please go ahead and post and then I will approve it. Thanks, looking forward to it.
We do requore the full recipe and method with your own picture. Thanks in advance.
Jo Ann I managed to trace and yes, you’re a member of my FB group, so please dear, post away those awesome recipes.
I like making this pie in a skillet. Looks good.
Thanks dear – I <3 it