This Instant Pot Lamb Stew is comfort food at its finest with a hearty, tender, and full of flavor, and the perfect dish for family and friends.
Lamb Stew History
Lamb stew is a preparation in which tough cuts of lamb (by definition, taken from a sheep younger than one year of age in Europe or younger than two years of age in the United States, at the time of slaughter) or mutton (lamb’s counterpart on the older side of the dividing line) are cut into small pieces, seared in hot fat, and simmered slowly in a flavored liquid until moist and tender; in the process, its liquid medium becomes a glossy sauce rich with the flavors of the meat
- 600gr lamb pieces marinated with a few shakes of
- Black pepper
- BBQ spice
- Thyme and a splash of
- Soy or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 potatoes quartered
- 1/4 cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp braising spice
- Piece of cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp cubed butter
- Set Instant Pot to saute.
- Add some oil.
- Add onion and seeds, braising spice, and cinnamon.
- Sautè until the onion is soft.
- Add meat and garlic and braise until color changes.
- Add stock.
- Cancel and turn to pressure cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Cancel and quick release.
- Add the potatoes, then sprinkle with some Aromat and black pepper, then add
- Add butter and also sprinkle with Aromat and black pepper.
- Pressure cook for another 7 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie Kramar from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 883Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 195mgSodium 1015mgCarbohydrates 69gFiber 5gSugar 37gProtein 54g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
More stew recipes to be tried
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.
Instant Pot is a brand of multicookers. The multicookers are electronically controlled, combined pressure cookers and slow cookers. The original cookers are marketed as 6-in-1 or more appliances designed to consolidate the cooking and preparing of food to one device